|Current nursery - in mamas & papas theme.|
When we were given the fantastic news that Summer was coming to live with us, we then had to make the massive adjustment, a baby girl was coming to live with us! We decided to move Jacob into Lewis's room to share with Lewis - they get on great anyhow, and Lewis has the biggest room and we didn't think it would be to fair to move Liam (A teenager) around, or ask him to share a room with Lewis - even though they do most of the time get on, they do not always see eye to eye.
Once the boys agreed and were happy, we then made the changes so Summer could have Jacob's old room; the nursery. We got the cot out of the loft, purchase a single white wardrobe and that was really it, that was all we did - no decorations because we did not have anytime to do so, and also Jacob's old room was not too boyish. It would do for now!
The time has now come to decorate Summer's room, and we decided on a Peppa Pig theme, mainly because she likes to sit and watch Peppa Pig with Jacob and I think she would enjoy her room with lots of Peppa Pig around.
We are going for Pink walls with Dulux Endurance Matt Emulsion Paint Sorbet colour, white ceiling and white gloss skirting. There is no need for a new carpet, as the one in there now is in perfect condition and a neutral cream.
What we have brought so far:
- Peppa Pig Lampshade from Amazon seller - Spearmark @ £9.28.
- Peppa Pig bedding from Amazon seller - Price-Right Home £19.89.
- Peppa Pig rug we purchased one from The Range @ £14.99
- Peppa Pig curtains from Argos @ £21.99
- Peppa Pig wall sticker height chart sticker from Kids Wall Stickers @ £9.95.
- Peppa Pig wall Hot Air balloon stickers from Kids Wall Stickers @ £9.95.
- Peppa Pig large personalised wall sticker from Amazon seller - That Vinyl Place @ £7.99.
- Peppa Pig Sling Book Case from Argos @ £29.99
- What I would like, but I haven't found yet, is Peppa Pig bunting style border to go around the top of the wall. Follow Tanya Tanya's board Summer's Room on Pinterest.
I am looking forward to getting her room done as I know she is going to love it! Watch out for the postings for when her room is done!