Caring for Your Car Tyres in The Warmer Months
One of the most important tasks of owning a car is maintaining your car tyres, and making sure they are safe no matter the weather. We hear a lot about tyre safety during the winter, but not so much during the summer. We should make sure our tyres give the best drive possible whatever the weather. Come rain or shine!
Summer is now started, the sun is out, we are currently enjoying a heatwave, thus, it's an important reminder to check the health of your types as the heat impacts car reliability and safety.
Unchecked tyres don't have proper road grip - which means the vehicle can encounter an accident or slip when road is we. Bad tyres can have an impact on your car's efficiency - meaning, more fuel is consumed and brakes can also suffer. Pressure in tyres - if it is not optimum, it can cause tyres to burst! If you are not using the suitable tyre for your needs, you are taking a big risk. e.g winter, summer tyres, budget tyres and premium tyres are some options – so if for example you are in London and looking for tyres, websites like DAT tyres can help you make sure your tyres are safe for this summer.
There are a few simple steps you can take to make sure your tyres are safe, efficient, and legal:
- Check your tyres are free from damage make sure there are no cracks or splits.
- Check your tyre pressure in all 4.
- Inflate your tyres make sure they are neither over or under inflated.
- Check your tyre pressure regularly
- Check your tyre's condition make sure they are legal (1.6mm over the central ¾ of the tyres width)
- Tyre valves check that they are in proper shape and that the cap cover is fitted appropriately.
- Don't forget your spare tyre