Introduction: Maizy cat litter - an alternative environmental-friendly cat litter, made from 100% natural puffed sweetcorn.
Experience: We have two cats, Ceefur and Jewel, who are both are house cats, however they never used to be as in our previous home they were both outside all the time enjoying the garden (and the neighbours garden), but that all changed when we moved to this house 8 years ago. Jewel went outside and got lost for 3 days and when we finally found her, since that day she never went outside for a very long time, until about an year ago when she finally ventured into the garden for the first time in 7 years, though she never leaves the garden staying close to home. So with two house cats we have to use a cat litter tray, which they took too immediately, and over the years we have used many different cat litter brands, but this is the first time I have used Maizy cat litter.
It is the same process as other cat litter, however it does offer better features to keep clean and maintain for a good length of use. I filled the cat litter tray, and each time the cats went to use it, I would remove the clumps with a scoop and discard it down the toilet. Though it has the advantages of being able to discard down the toilet, I would recommend using a cat litter liner, as the Maizy clumps together and sticks to the litter tray like glue.
- Ultra Absorbent: Using a special process which takes the whole kernels of corn and turns them into incredibly absorbent granules - just like little sponges.
- Fast clumping: The moment liquid hits these clever little absorbent granules, they form a firm clump.
- Locks away smells
- Planet friendly: As it is biodegradable.
- Flushable & Biodegradable: The absorbent granules are so light and natural it is perfectly okay to flush it down the toilet or add to your compost heap.
- Virtually Dust Free: Stays tidier longer and easier to clear up
Conclusion: I was pleasantly surprised by this cat litter, it was the least messy cat litter I have used with regards to loose dust getting everywhere, the granules clump together as it states and with the ability to dispose of the clumps down the toilet makes it so much easier to maintain and keep the cat litter clean. With this and the fact it is environmentally friendly I would recommend it to any cat owners.
Costs £10.99 for a 12L pack and £19.99 for a massive 24L pack.