It's bed time and there is the normal plea for '5 more minutes please' but the bedtime routine is important, otherwise, it takes Summer a lot longer to settle, and come the morning it is harder for her to get out of bed. But, most important a routine allows the child to feel safe, and they will develop a sense of security. It can also help strengthen a sense of self-discipline for the child.
Thus, we have a routine that everyone including Summer is happy with.
It's PJ time, brush the teeth and a quick toilet and they are off to bed. Our steps for a smoother bed time:
- Quiet time: Settle down and chill time.
- Change into something comfy: PJ time and wrap up in a snuggly dressing gown to keep warm and cosy.
- Clean teeth: Brush time, teeth and hair.
- Cuddle time: Tuck in and kiss goodnight so she can go to bed feeling warm and content.
- Say goodnight: Summer likes to say goodnight to everyone, and she likes me to wish her 'sweet dreams'
- Story or song time: either a night time story or sing a couple of nursery rhymes by softly singing favourite lullabies.
Things to avoid: late night eating and too much screen time.
The kids are in bed and it's our time to relax.
The lovely people at Bed Guru, an online bed retailer, who are sleep specialists, sent me a luxurious hamper to help me unwind after the kids are finally tucked up in bed. And, they would also like to gift one lucky reader a hamper too - The hamper includes; Bettys tea room tea and biscuits, Yorkshire Soap co. candle, coconut and Shea butter face mask and Sally Hanson French manicure kit.
For your chance to win this luxurious hamper please follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter widget below. Good luck.