To keep snug, warm and well this winter check out our handy tips:
- Don’t let the cold catch you out – watch the weather reports
- Hot meals will keep you snug and warm so make sure you have food in the house. Have a supply of tinned, dried and frozen foods in your cupboards as they will stay fresh if you can’t get to the shops.
- Know the temperature in your living room and bedroom. If possible buy a thermometer and keep your sitting room at 21 degrees and bedroom at 18 degrees.
- Have plenty of hot drinks like tea, coffee or hot water as this will help to keep you warm. Just boil the amount of water you need each time and this will save you money too.
- Wear a few layers of thin clothing rather than a single thick layer. This trap’s the heat and will keep you warmer. Fleece onesies, socks and hats are a good idea to keep you warm in bed.
- Keep moving if you can, this will help keep you warm. Don’t sit for more than one hour. Get up and walk around, make a hot drink and do a bit of housework throughout the day. Move your arms and legs whilst sitting and wiggle your fingers and toes.