Research carried out by the Dettol Back to School Study shows that only 48 per cent of parents do.
This means crumbs can build up and the lunch-box can become a breeding ground for bacteria.
Did you know that, nine out of ten dishcloths in the UK are ‘heavily contaminated’ with bacteria. To avoid this, all you need is a quick wipe with a Dettol surface wipe, killing all that nasty bacteria.
In order to help reduce the risk of food-borne tummy bugs, Dettol has compiled three easy top tips for parents to follow:
- Pack frozen water bottles into the lunch-box as freezer packs. This will cool down the food inside and the water should be ready to drink by lunch time.
- After lunch, children should be encouraged to discard all leftover perishable food and packaging, emptying crumbs straight into the bin.
- Avoid reusing packaging such as sandwich bags and tinfoil because they could contaminate other food.
- Wipe down the lunch-box with a Dettol antibacterial cleansing surface wipe, before packing in order to kill 99.9% of bacteria.
Dettol Cleansing Surface Wipes kill 99.9% of bacteria, including E. Coli, salmonella, MRSA, and the flu virus. They are also free from bleach, and no odour, and are perfect for cleaning those lunch-boxes.
I also use my Dettol surface wipes to clean:
- Worktops, chopping boards, the fridge, and the microwave.
- Bath, wash basin, toilet seats (perfect with 3 boys that don't lift the toilet seat, no matter how many times I remind them too).
RRP is £2 per pack of 36.