There is a hope-in-hell if I want to watch TV, football is on - you won't hear a peep from hubby or the boys as they sit in front of the screen watching the match in full concentration, at least not until half-time which results into a mad dash for snacks, drinks and toilet, all in time to settle and watch the second half. So what do I do with this time? Well, I don't watch the football match, I just don't enjoy it.
First, I need to get myself comfy and ready for the evening, I do this by throwing on my trusty, snugly PJ's. Then I pour myself a nice glass of wine, grab some snacks, I like cheese on crackers and then settle on the sofa.
Here are my 7 fun activities to do to keep myself from dying of boredom.
- Grab your laptop or tablet and watch catch-up TV, I love watching First dates or Gogglebox on catch-up. Or sometimes I will watch a romance movie - all you need is some earphones and if you are watching a romance movie, don't forget the tissues.
- On-line retail therapy - it's enjoyable and you’ll have plenty to look forward to in the mail in the following days, but don't go too crazy as you won't enjoy the empty bank statement.
- Binge YouTube'ing session; I love to watch American chat show clips, with a mix of cute and funny animal clips.
- I enjoy nothing more than a good book, I don't get to read as much as I used too, and I miss it. My genre is fantasy and I love losing myself in the fantasy world I am reading.
- Reading blogs, there are some fantastic blogs out there, with some get features and articles.
- Playing online bingo, joining in with the bingo community, get involved with their chat rooms, play some games, and if you are lucky enough you will hopefully win.
- Comping, have a good session entering as many competitions as you can, it's oddly satisfying and enjoyable.
What do you like to do when you have any evening to yourself?